Thursday, October 13, 2022 / by Julie Winter-Paez
Rising home prices coupled with the current inventory in today’s market may cause some homeowners to consider selling their homes on their own (known in the industry as a For Sale By Owner). However, a FSBO might be hard to execute well for the vast majority of sellers.
Here are the top 5 reasons not to FSBO:
1. Online Strategy for Prospective Purchasers
- 55% on the Internet
- 28% from a Real Estate Agent
- 10% Other
- 6% from a Yard Sign
- 1% from Newspapers
- The buyer, who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer’s agent, who solely represents the best interest of the buyer
- The buyer’s attorney (in some parts of the country)
- The home inspection companies, which work for the buyer and will almost always find some problems with the house
- The appraiser, if there is a question of value
4. FSBOing Has Become Increasingly Difficult
It appears working with a real estate professional is the best answer.
The average home sold via FSBO (For sale by owner) seller sold for about $60,000 less than the home sold by your local realtor. If you would like to learn what that means to you, I would love to sit down with you and talk about what the home selling process looks like. Give me a call.
Find Homes Now: www.BuySellLoveUpNorthWI.com
Find Out What Your Home is Worth: Click here!